Where to Get Free Products to Review

One of the many benefits of being a blogger is getting to try, test, and keep products for review. Providing honest, thorough reviews allows you to help your readers make more informed choices before purchasing certain products. Since I first started blogging back in 2011, I've received dozens of products for review, including Downy Unstopables, Schick Hydro Silk, Breyers® Gelato Indulgences, and UNREAL Candy.

I received the aforementioned products from the blogging communities that I participate in. These programs connect brands with bloggers to try, review, and generate buzz about products. Most of these programs require you to apply for the campaign, and you're typically accepted or rejected based upon your blog's stats.



Influenster

I receive most of my products for review from Influenster. Influenster is a blogging community that connects brands with bloggers so that they may try out new products, and spread the word via various social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, among others. Recently, I received and reviewed the TLC VoxBox.



Social CallOut

At Social CallOut, you sign up, fill out your CV for your blog, and then start applying for programs. What I like most about Social CallOut is that you're able to pick and choose which campaigns to apply for. For example, if your blog is about beauty and fashion, you can narrow down the "callouts" to only show campaigns in select categories.



Expo

I like Expo because you can apply for "Tryology" programs to review products, or you can simply review products that you already own in exchange for points. You can redeem these points for hundreds of items, including Amazon gift certificates, electronics, household products, food, clothing, and more.



Vocalpoint

This was the first "influencing" community that I joined, and I absolutely love it. The Vocalpoint community is very active, and everyone is incredibly friendly and helpful. You can earn badges (similar to Influenster) for tasks that you complete. The more badges you have, and the more active you are within the community, the higher your chances are to receive products to review, or to be invited to participate in different campaigns.

Alternatively, you may contact companies upfront. For more information on product review pitches, check out my other article entitled, How to Get Free Products to Review on Your Blog.

When pitching companies, you're going to want to have something to show them to prove that you're great at writing reviews. The best way to do this is to review products that you already own. Provide an open and honest opinion about the product, and be as thorough as possible. Some of the products I've reviewed (that I purchased on my own) include John Frieda Precision Foam Color, Fake Bake Flawless (a product I love), Kiss Stick-On Nail Strips, Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U, and Hot Designs Nail Art Pens.

I also review places. So far, I've reviewed Burr Oak Cabin in Glouster, Ohio, and Grand Lake St. Mary's in St. Mary's, Ohio. I feel that there is no limit on what you can review. If you've tried it out, then you have the authority to review it. I've even test and review online work-at-home opportunities on my blog, Freelance Lady.

No matter what your strategy is for getting products to review, you'll need to always have something to show off your skills. Whether it's blog stats, or reviews on products you purchased with your own cash, the experience is what matters.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for engaging with Mommy's Castle!

I love comments! Yours will be visible after approval. I know it sucks to wait, but we have to keep the spammers away!

I like to keep up with my readers, so chances are, you'll be hearing a response from me soon!