Spur of the Moment Easter Egg Hunt

I woke up at 6 in the morning today so that I could get ready to do some volunteer work at Carriage Hill with a friend of mine. By 8:30 a.m., the kids and I were ready to go, so we hopped in the car and headed off to our destination. Unfortunately, the event was not what we expected, and we weren't going to plant trees at all and we knew that the days tasks were not going to hold the attention of a 5 year old, a 6 year old, and certainly not a 14 month old.

To make a long story short, we decided to bail (I know, bailing on volunteer work is real nice--c'est la vie) and find something else to do.

Pasty skin, black hair, dark clothes, and what else? Volunteer work.
Er...at least I show up?
I was kind of bummed, because I had spent all day yesterday explaining to Carter how we were going to help the environment by planting trees after he'd expressed his dismay about our plans. Of course, that had to blow up in my face. Why don't people properly describe events anymore?

Meh. I digress.

We ended up back in our neighborhood, and lo and behold, an Easter egg hunt was going on. And as fate would have it, we were just in time!

Carter has participated in Easter egg hunts before, but when he was much younger. Ireland, on the other hand, got to enjoy her very first Easter egg hunt. She absolutely loved it. She gathered more eggs than the two older kids combined. She was focused.
 
 

Carter had a blast as well. In fact, he said that today was one of the greatest days he's had in a long time.
 

The temperature was a fantastic 71 degrees with a nice breeze, the sun was shining, and the grass is GREEN (no more yellow!). It was a beautiful day, and I'm thankful that I was able to spend it with the little loves of my life.

One part of me wishes that the volunteer work would have worked out--that the event was actually what it said it was going to be on the website, but the other part of me is happy the day went in the direction that it did. We all had a fantastic time!

I hope your day was equally as great.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for engaging with Mommy's Castle!

I love comments! Yours will be visible after approval. I know it sucks to wait, but we have to keep the spammers away!

I like to keep up with my readers, so chances are, you'll be hearing a response from me soon!