Foodies: Crockpot Meals Are My Friend

Just a quick post today.

I'm probably behind the times, but I had no idea that they had "kits" for crockpots, complete with vegetables, meat, and seasonings.

My husband came home the other day with a roast, seasonings, and veggies, all in one container. He paid about $8 for the kit at Walmart. How freakin' easy is that? I popped all of that goodness into the crockpot, and 6 hours later, with little work, I ended up with a delicious meal. I baked some homemade biscuits to go with it. They looked so awesome that my husband didn't even think they were homemade.



Now, I'm sorry to disappoint, but I was too busy eating the roast, so I forgot to take an after picture. But the before picture is above. Later, I realized that I had dropped the whole onion and whole potatoes into the pot...I wasn't sure if you're supposed to cut them? I ended up halving the potatoes and slicing the onion, just in case.

It was fantastic!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for engaging with Mommy's Castle!

I love comments! Yours will be visible after approval. I know it sucks to wait, but we have to keep the spammers away!

I like to keep up with my readers, so chances are, you'll be hearing a response from me soon!