Winter-Induced Antisocial Disorder

Here I am complaining again.

Winter has been absolutely miserable. I feel like it's been snowing since October. The temps have been frigid to say the least. We have been stuck indoors.


Since Carter is schooled through a virtual public school, he has rarely gotten out of the house, and that makes for a very antsy child. My 11-month-old has been very whiny, and I've been on edge for the past week. We've been a moody bunch.

Today, I decided to lighten the mood a bit so I invited my friend and her daughter over. Her daughter is around the same age as Carter, so I figured they could play while my friend and I discussed how depressing the winter has been. Sounds fun, right?

The first fifteen minutes were great. The kids were running around the house, laughing and having a grand ol' time. My friend and I chit-chatted it up for about 20 minutes (it's so nice to have another female adult to talk to when you're around kids 24-7) and then it started. The kids started tattling on one another. After 30 minutes, they were throwing pillows at each other. After an hour, Carter came in the living room bawling because his friend had spilled his popcorn while they were watching a movie.

Kids.

Surprisingly, they lasted another hour before Carter came out and in front of my friend and I, shouted, "I just want her to leave!"

How rude?!

I apologized for my son's impolite mouth, and luckily, my friend (being a mother, too), completely understands what was going on in Carter's head. They left shortly after, but man, I feel like Carter has forgotten how to socialize. He's also forgotten his manners.

Come to think of it, I have forgotten how to socialize, too. Talking about the weather isn't exactly my idea of a social get-together. Huh.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for engaging with Mommy's Castle!

I love comments! Yours will be visible after approval. I know it sucks to wait, but we have to keep the spammers away!

I like to keep up with my readers, so chances are, you'll be hearing a response from me soon!