Busy, busy, busy!

I. am. exhausted.

Life has been so busy lately.

The kids and I went to the Boonshoft Museum with my friend and her daughter. It was fantastic! I was surprised that Ireland enjoyed it (she just turned one) as much as she did. Clearly it's a place for kids of all ages. Score!

On Tuesday, I spent about 2 hours grocery shopping. Fortunately for me, the stores weren't busy at all. Double score!

I spent the middle of the week trying to plan with friends so that I could get out of the house while the weather was nice. That turned out to be a disaster. I should never plan because when I do, it always falls through! Seriously. Never fails.

On Saturday, we went to Carriage Hill for a Maple Sugaring event. The kids were totally not into it, so we just went back to the barn and let them play in the old schoolhouse. Again, no recent photographs. Although, here is one of Carter there a few years ago.

My mother and Carter.
I meant to spend today relaxing since I'm back on the e-schooling grind tomorrow, but of course, today ended up being a day that I just have to do something. I can't win.

I literally spent 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. prepping, cooking, and cleaning the kitchen afterward. I had no idea that learning to cook dinner rolls from scratch was so time consuming. Sheesh! They turned out beautifully, however. Shame on me for not taking a photo. -_-

I made chicken strips, mashed potatoes, green beans, macaroni and cheese, dinner rolls, and brownies. Of course on my one day to relax, I go all out.

Anyway, moving along, my lovely daughter turned one on the 13th.

Doesn't she look enthused?


Now she certainly does.
I can't believe it. Time is an illusion, for sure. Jeeeeez! I swear, I feel like just yesterday she was in her swing, sleeping all the time. Now, her swing can't even move her chunky butt and she runs around the house chasing her brother. Cherish these moments, people.

I also spent some time this week experimenting with food. Ever since I made that amazing lasagna using The Pioneer Woman's recipe, I've been a cooking machine.

I made a creamy chicken pasta (with bacon, might I add) and I also made enchiladas.


This was an interesting concoction that turned out to be amazing!
Recipe coming soon!
My enchiladas!
Recipe coming soon!
 I've also managed to try out some new nail art.

Those cuticles need cleaned up!

Unfortunately, being that I do dishes 56 times per day, the polish never lasts--even with a top coat. Any advice for this?

Finally, I was amazed when Carter showcased his art skills by drawing a picture of his daddy.



How awesome is that? His art courses are really paying off.

How has your week been?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for engaging with Mommy's Castle!

I love comments! Yours will be visible after approval. I know it sucks to wait, but we have to keep the spammers away!

I like to keep up with my readers, so chances are, you'll be hearing a response from me soon!