Let's Talk Birthday Cakes!

Ever since Carter turned one, we've been ordering custom cakes for his birthday.

We've tried out different cake shops, but we always come back to Cakes for All Occasions. They're seriously the best in our area. We're always satisfied with what we get.

Today, I wanted to share with you some pictures of the birthday cakes we've ordered over the years, simply because I love them so much.

By the way, the giant number 1 for my daughter's birthday was not created by Cakes for All Occasions, but was created by Cake Creations.
 
SpongeBob Cake for Carter's 2nd birthday.
Carter's first birthday cake was a giant number one, I just can't seem to find the picture of it. Either way, it was adorable. The above picture is of the SpongeBob cake for his second birthday. The cake was formed, covered in whipped icing, and then the color was airbrushed on. Carter was incredibly excited when he saw it!


CoCo from Chuggington cake for Carter's 3rd birthday.
 
This cake was for Carter's third birthday, which we spent at Burr Oak Cabin. It was made the same way as the SpongeBob cake--formed, then covered with whipped icing, and then airbrushed with color. He had such a great time on his third birthday!

For his fourth birthday, he had a He-Man cake which was created by Cake Creations. Again, I know I have a picture, I'm just not sure where.

Mario cake for Carter's 5th birthday.
For the big number 5, we ordered two cakes. One was a three-dimensional cake (above), and the other was a standard sheet cake. It was marble cake with buttercream frosting. The nose of the three-dimensional cake was accidentally "smooshed" by my husband while he was showing it off.
This was another Mario cake for Carter's 5th birthday. Yes. We ordered two.
The Mario cakes were by far our favorite. The standard sheet cake came with lots of figurines (not pictured, Carter took them off) like Yoshi, Toad, Princess, Luigi, Mario (pictured) and Bowser (also pictured).
Sonic cake for Carter's 6th birthday.
Finally, for his sixth birthday, he wanted a Sonic cake. This one was also marble cake with buttercream frosting.
 
I'm not sure what kind of cake he'll want for his 7th birthday, but I'm thinking it'll have something to do with Minecraft.
 
 
For Ireland's first birthday, we've kept the tradition alive. We ordered this marble cake with whipped icing from Cake Creations. How cute is that?
 
Do you have any birthday traditions? What's your favorite kind of cake?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for engaging with Mommy's Castle!

I love comments! Yours will be visible after approval. I know it sucks to wait, but we have to keep the spammers away!

I like to keep up with my readers, so chances are, you'll be hearing a response from me soon!