The "Other Signs" from a Capricorn's Perspective

I love astrology. I love learning about the science behind astrology. I enjoy reading about my sun sign, and the signs of people that I know and love.

Today, I thought that I'd tell you a little bit about the 12 signs of the zodiac as I see them.

Before you go on, rest assured that this is only my opinion (as a Capricorn). You should also know that even though your sun sign might be, say, Scorpio, there are other signs that come into play as well. For example, I am sun in Capricorn (my "zodiac sign"), moon in Leo, and Taurus ascendant. I also have Saturn in Capricorn, Uranus in Capricorn, and Neptune in Capricorn, so it is safe to say that the Capricorn characteristics play a large role in my personality.

We all have various signs that play a role in our personalities and you can find out what they are by checking out your free complete natal birth chart.



I will only be focusing on sun signs today. I'll save moons for a later date. ;)

Aries - I've always known Aries' to be quite the competitive sign. Unfortunately, I haven't actually gotten to known an Aries on a more intimate level, so I don't have much to say about them, other than the ones that I have met are often quite daring. They seem to be risk takers, but always for a good cause.

Taurus - They don't call Taurus "The Bull" for nothing. They're incredibly stubborn, and if they're in a bad mood, you can bet your behind that you'll be able to tell. They do not hide these feelings, and even if they try, they're not particularly good at it. At the same time, however, that bull nature often steps aside to reveal a softie at heart. They often have a desire to nurture and protect the "weak."

Gemini - It's either hit or miss with a Gemini, for me, anyway. For the most part, I've always gotten along with them, but it seems that they're always fluttering from one thing to the next, so it's difficult for me--a more grounded individual--to get to know them on a more intimate level. They're very playful and often times flirtatious. I admire the social abilities of Gemini--the way that they never seem to be lost in a crowd like I do--even if they are.

Cancer - There is a huge difference between myself and Cancer. Despite this, however, I always feel so drawn to this sign. Cancers are incredibly protective of those that they love, and they're also nurturers at heart. These are truly the type of people that would give you the shirt off of their back. They are loyal to a fault--and this is why I often get frustrated with them. I feel like I'm always telling Cancerians to just "let it go," and unfortunately, this leaves them with the impression that I'm "cold." Cancers always have reasoning behind holding onto things. Despite this, however, we typically get along fairly well, despite our differences.

Leo - It's weird. Most of the Leos that I've met are the same people that other refer to as "insensitive" or as "a**holes." While I do understand why people think that, I also understand why a Leo acts this way. You have to understand the humor of a Leo, and you also need to understand their nature. The lion represents Leo, and this says a lot about how they feel about being "in charge." The lion is the king of the jungle, after all.  Leos love to critique, to show off their knowledge, even if it's about a person. Leos love for others to see that they know what they're talking about.

Virgo - Have you ever called a Virgo a "know-it-all?" I bet you have. They are certainly the "know-it-alls" of the Zodiac. More often than not, however, they actually do know what they're talking about. Virgos are logical--not nearly as susceptible to emotional attachments and irrational fears as other signs. They tend to look at things logically and practically. At the same time, however, they often over-analyze everything and over-explain everything. While they may seem quiet, you can be sure that their minds are not. Virgos are also pretty good at "playing a part." They can be fun and carefree around friends, but they can also be incredibly professional during a job interview. You may also notice the occasional "daredevil" streak in a Virgo--it's simply to remind him/her not to take life so seriously all the time.

Libra - Libras are the equalizers. They love peace and harmony within their environment, but at the same time, they're often getting themselves into negative situations due to their inability to say no. They often want so badly to keep the peace that they end up sacrificing their own happiness in the process. The Libras that I met have all loved to gossip. They also tend to be self-indulgent, superficial, and unreliable. On the positive side, they are usually quite resourceful and very charming.

Scorpio - I'm probably biased because my favorite people in life are Scorpios--but they're my favorites for a reason! Scorpios are mysterious and they have a magnetism that draws me in. I feel like they're the kind of people that you either love or hate--there never is an "in between." Scorpios are incredibly loyal, but they'll never hesitate to get revenge on someone who has wronged them. And you better believe that even if they don't have solid proof, yet they feel in their heart that they've been wronged, that is enough for them. They're incredibly intuitive. They have a passion that lives inside of them--a passion for love, a passion for hate. They never do something halfway. They're quick thinkers and often very witty. They can also be quite withdrawn, moody, jealous, possessive, and they often suffer from irrational fears or thoughts that hold them back or make them question the people around them.
 
Sagittarius - What I admire about Sagittarius is their carefree attitude towards life. It's also what I don't like particularly about them. I love that Sagittarius can go through a damn earthquake, tsunami, hurricane, and then a tornado, but they still move on with ease. It's nothing to a Sagittarius to be knocked down. They see life as a lighthearted adventure--no need to stay down for long. Often, due to this nature, Sagittarians can become destructive and impulsive. I'm quite practical, reserved, and conservative, so the Sagittarius outlook is intimidating to me.

Capricorn - Whenever I meet another Capricorn, I always feel like I'm getting a small glimpse of myself. Pieces of that person remind me of myself. Aloof. Sarcastic. Ambitious. Dry humor. You can feel the passion they have whenever they're talking about something that interests them, or something that they love. It's often difficult to get them to shut up once you get them really talking about something they enjoy. Sometimes, you'll see a Capricorn as a loner. Sometimes they'll seem like they're giving you the cold shoulder. We're stern signs, that's for sure. But what most people don't know is that beneath this tough exterior, lies a very sensitive core. We just have walls built up so that we're not scarred. Our ruling planet is cold, Saturn, which is often why our reserved nature is often mistaken for aloofness. It is also true that we often get wrapped up in the disciplines and duties of life.

Aquarius - You're a drifter. You always move from one project to the next--sometimes you even move from one relationship to the next! You never seem to have the time for emotional attachments, or to cry over something that hurt you. If you must cry, however, it's just to do it--to feel human. You're also quite the comedian.

Pisces - Sensitive creatures, you are. You love music. You love peace. You also love attention from people. You like for people to want to get to know you. This often causes you to attach yourselves too closely to things that don't last. You end up hurt a lot. You expect a lot from people, but what you expect is often totally irrational. Many times, people have no idea what you think about them. You just assume that they know. This causes a lot of heartache in your life. I love your sensitive nature--the way you don't care to cry in front of people. You wear your heart on your sleeve.

Are you a Capricorn? Do you agree with the statements above? Maybe you're a different sign that agrees or disagrees! Let me know!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for engaging with Mommy's Castle!

I love comments! Yours will be visible after approval. I know it sucks to wait, but we have to keep the spammers away!

I like to keep up with my readers, so chances are, you'll be hearing a response from me soon!